Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cat Book Cover Art

Late last night I got word that the parents of Sid the dogcat (pictured above) pledged at the $1500.00 amount at my kickstarter project (link here) so he will be the cover of the book. I told them that he was in the running for the cover if no one pledged that amount....they went ahead and pledged to make sure he would be. I am thrilled. He was a dear little boy. I had the privilege of caring for him many times when I was in his neighborhood. He's no longer here, but his legend lives on. This pledge and one that followed put the project THIRTY-FOUR DOLLARS away from the first $3,000.00 of the $7,800.00 that I need to raise in 30 more days. I have several cats to draw now, but not enough. Consider this; My 5x7" scratchboard artwork, just the artwork, sells at Wally Workman Gallery for $100.00 to $200.00 each. (Commissions that size are $200.00) For the $140.00 pledge amount you get the finished artwork, plus a book and the other rewards, plus you and your cat and the story are in the book...forever.
I'm not asking for you to just give me money. I want you to be a part of this project. Kickstarter won't allow me to say that I'm giving books and money away to rescue groups. They have new guidelines that prevent it. But that's what I've done with the Dog Scratchin' books. 10% of the sales have already been distributed, more books and money will be in 2013.
Please, if you can, join me in telling these stories and I promise I will draw your cat with great love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment