Sunday, April 21, 2013

What A Week

There is so much going on I've just been keeping my head down and scratchin' away at cats. Here are a few finished or almost finished pieces. (one of them is Socks Clinton, which I did just for fun, from photos on the internet. Sadly, not in the book.) I usually keep 3 going at once and I can say that things are right on schedule. There are a few cats whose info, stories or photos I have not received yet. Rest assured I will be emailing those folks this week and onward until I get what I need.
Without trying to make too much of it and my attachment to it, the events in Boston have really shaken me. I used to live in Central Square Cambridge, on Mass. Ave. I had a favorite 7-11 which was on the way to my work at the YWCA right around the corner. I'm guessing this might be the 7-11 the bombers were photographed in. I spent a lot of time in many of the neighborhoods that were directly affected by the bombing and bombers. Newbury St. is still one of my favorite Sunday strolls, and Copley Sq. my all time favorite downtown area. I never attended the marathon (too many people) But my time living in the Boston area remains a great memory and I try to get back to visit my beloved 'family' there as often as possible. I really hate that this happened to them, but I'm also proud of their response. It is one tough city, with amazingly resilient people. Things have changed because of this, and maybe we will all be a bit more suspicious and scared for a bit.  I believe though, we will just get stronger and will continue doing what we do so well. I know I will keep on making art and loving my life. Thanks for checking in, I hope all is good with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment