Friday, February 1, 2013

Not The Damn Cat Book Again!


So as I wrangle my cat book project on kickstarter I am beginning to  really understand the difference between cat people and dog people. Uh, NOT. Please, allow me to ramble on a bit. The dog project was funded earlier than it needed to be and then just sat for a while before going up and over the amount needed at the end. It had a certain frustration, but at least I knew it was a 'go' and could sit back and breathe for a minute. The Cat Scratchin' project, on the the other paw, has been up and down, dribs and drabs, with a few bursts of funding. We are close, but not there yet. Kind of like my relationships with the feline persuasion. I have a new cat in the house, the above Ms. Opal Mae. She's not-so-new herself, being 10 years old and a little gray chunky scaredy cat. In fact, I believe if you look in the dictionary for 'Scaredy Cat' you will see her picture. Reportedly she saw her siblings snatched away in front of her by an owl when she was a little barn kitten. So, she is scarred and scared for life. I like to think of her as a 'survivor'. She spent much of the first 3 days here under my bed. Now she only spends about 14 hours in a 24 hour day under there. The rest of the time she is eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and, damn it, poking me in the face very early in the morning. Do I wish she would sit on my lap or rub up against me looking at me with love? Oh sure. Will I resign myself to the notion that 'I will get what I will get' from her? Yes. What else can I do?
While sometimes annoying, this relationship works for me. The new dog Bo is now on the 'family exchange' program (long story, suffice to say, when I was growing up my brothers and cousins were shipped back and forth between various Aunts and Uncles to 'straighten' them out.) Anyhow, Bo is at his cousin's house and Opal Mae who used to be there, is here. When he was here I found I couldn't get anything done because:
A. He's a puppy and his bladder is small and he is high maintenance.
B. I'm a pretty self-centered artist type who just wants to make things, or think about making things, and I travel a bit.(soon to travel more)
C. My dear friends who are my family here fell in love with him. Now he's a part of their pack, and I am a part too.
I get to visit him, take him for walks and do fun loving stuff with him, then I come back to Opal Mae who just pokes me now and then.
My point here is that I'm hoping that cat people are just as mysterious as their cats and will come aboard the Cat Scratchin' book project at kickstarter (look here) sometime in their own time and before the funding ends on Feb. 13 at 6:01pm central time.
Shall I say it's kind of like 'trying to herd cats?'  I push and push with this project on various social networks and not much happens. Dogs just want to please, Cats do as they please. Hi ho! Come on cat lovers! Line up and sign up. Or maybe when you get a moment, will you consider it? Pretty please? With Tuna on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment